Tough one to decide - A role model


If we were asked this question, "Who is your role model?" How many of us can think of a person instantly? It is always a very difficult to get an answer from the top of one's mind.Whenever I have come across this question before, I always create my imaginary figure by selecting various traits of different personalities from people I personally know to those who are globally famous.

Further, when I tried to enumerate the traits that I am inspired by or wanted to follow, the most on the list is came from a popular person - Tun Dr.Mahathir Mohamad, the Prime Minister of Malaysia.

Though I have visited a few times and lived for short periods in Mahathir's Malaysia, I have officially  nothing to do with that country.A couple of times, I've got the opportunity to see Dr.M in public events.However, never got a chance to shake hand or get a selfie with him.I remember having in my wallet, a photo of him cut off from a news paper in the early 2000s when I used to trust the ideas of every motivational 'guru' who were preaching about impact of visual effect on human brain.Later, after realising that these motivational speakers and their ideas are something like 'one universal size for all' which does not fit everyone, I have given up carrying the photo and the wallet as well:) but continued to be an admirer of Dr.M as always.

This admiration on him made me read his book, A Doctor in the House and visit The Loaf, his bakery (not owned by him now) a few times during my KL visits.Now in the smartphone age, I am following him on social media getting updates on his speeches, events and as everyone, getting surprised by his fitness at 94. During a mall walking session in KL recently, I came across a standee of a renowned jewellery selling a memorabilia- Gold Note of Hope which is the only thing I bought impulsively without doing any cost benefit analysis in my mind.

Like any political figures, there are controversies, gossips, differences of opinions about the series of incidences between him and his then deputy (going to be his successor) Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim and his coming back as PM after 15 years. Regardless of all these opinions, I will continue to be a fan for his sense of humour, his speeches with facts, his style of handling press meets, his vision, leadership and his courage to call a spade a spade and of course for his fitness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Word and an Unforgettable person

Butlers are NOT who you think they are !

Let's get citizenship at Kailasa- the new Neverland of Nitthi